Use proper MLA format. Research paper citations are key to earning a good grade. Modern Language Association of America (MLA) has been actively participating in laying down common standards for writing academic documents. Hundreds of thousands of students to prepare their educational manuscripts par excellence have followed these guidelines. An MLA format research paper closely adheres to the regulations spelt out by the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers and MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing. All the aspects of scholarly writing have been explained elaborately.
Students must format research papers according to the specifications given by the professor and the assignment. The different ways to format research papers are also dictated by conventions in the various fields of study.
One of the elements of a student’s grade on a research paper assignment is whether he or she takes the trouble to format research papers according to the proper style guide.
The most important feature that sets MLA format research paper apart from other conventional styles is the way the citation is done. “In Context” or the listing of sources of information within the paper is done instead of using footnotes or chapter endnotes.
The elementary principles of compiling academic writing using MLA format are:
- The paper used should be 81/2 x 11 inch and of good quality
- An all-around margin of one inch should be left
- The entire paper must be typed with double space with 12 pt. font.
- Leave one space after periods.
- Indent the first line of every paragraph
- It is not essential to have title page but on the first page, your name, supervisor’s name, date of submission, name of your research paper has to be typed on new double spaced lines.
- Page numbers must consistently appear one inch from the right edge and half an inch from the upper left corner preceded by your last name.
- All tables and figure should be numbered with Arabic numeral.
- Divide the work into sections and sub-sections numbering them correctly.
- Prepare a “Work cited” or bibliography page with details of the sources at the end of the main body.
- If not otherwise specified, use simple binding.
Refer to your project guide for all instructions regarding MLA format research paper. It can be nightmarish to write a document with a fixed format. It is wiser and easier to leave it writing specialist who are conversant with MLA format. A company that has far surpassed its contemporaries is a professional writer. It is fully equipped to shoulder your responsibility of writing MLA format research paper flawlessly.